We finally received the notification that our dossier was logged in to the CCAA on 2/13/09. Now we can officially start the next wait of 3-5 months. I pray that the wait will be on the short end, but I am preparing for it to be on the long end.
I can't help but get a few things ready now, though. I bought a couple of little outfits (even though we have tons of hand-me-downs from big sis and cousin, Meghan). From her latest measurements, I can tell that she and Gabe are just about the same size. I am using him as my little model to see if things will fit Hannah. He laughs when I put him in a girly-girl dress. I also bought some nesting cups that I saw were a good little toy to bring with us to China, a couple of new sippy cups in girl colors, and a few bottles. I think I am going to use some attachment and bonding advice from my toddler adoption books and give her a bottle each night (even if she has outgrown it). It helps to form that loving attachment between us. This is my biggest prayer - that she will learn to accept love from us and ultimately, learn to love us back. More later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yay!!! A date!! Finally!
Michele
Yay so happy you got your LID! Here's to a speedy LOA!
YAHOO! EXACTLY ONE MONTH BEHIND US!!!!!! WE KNOW YOU ARE HAPPY TO KNOW THIS DATE.
I'm a new visitor to your blog. Congratulations to you and your family! Hannah is beautiful! It's so wonderful to know this precious little doll will soon be with her forever family, and a wonderful Christian family at that.
Just thought I'd pat you on the back for choosing to bottle feed her even if she's off the bottle. We have been learning so much about attachment with our newly adopted daughter, and I would encourage you, not only to bottle feed her, but also, add some honey or sugar to her bottles when you feed her. Sugar stimulates connectors in the brain that help bonding to take place.
Just my little tip for the day, for what it's worth! ;)
God bless you and yours-
Jennifer
Post a Comment