I was praying for Hannah the other day (as I do every day) as I reflected on our adoption in Christ. Going through this adoption process deepens my understanding of God's love for me as my love for Hannah grows. The surface comparison is obvious - God sought me out when I was a stranger; He bought me with a price - a great, very expensive price - the life blood of his own Son; He brought me into his family; He made me a son and an heir, giving me the full rights of his child.
As I journey farther in this adoption, studying things like attachment and bonding and what to expect from this little one who has never had a mother or father, the less obvious similarities are so striking to me that they make me love my heavenly Father all the more - He loved me with a deep longing and affection when I didn't even know His name; He loves me even when I don't understand how to love him back; He consistently clothes, nurtures, cares for me even when I don't recognize the fullness of his provision; He doesn't abandon me when I fight or rage against him, or when I grieve over the past, or when I choose old rags instead of his riches; He just holds me close, lets me wail, and teaches me to rest peacefully once I'm all cried out; As I grow to understand His love more and more, I learn to recognize His voice and follow after Him - when I do, He shows me great and unsearchable things that I didn't know before; He is faithful and I long to be faithful to Him.
How I pray that Hannah will recognize our love for her and in time, long to love us back. I pray that this adoption will help her understand how deep the Father's love is for us, how vast beyond all measure, that He would give his only Son to make a wretch His treasure. May she know it so deeply, because she has experienced a glimpse of it in our family. May all our children experience a deeper love of Christ because of this journey. I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OH Tiffany, your post was absolutely beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes! SHE will know how very much she was wanted and needed. I just know it.
Thanks for sending me the invite!!
thank you for sharing this journey with us! We know that many souls will glorify God, because of the Agape LOVE that lives in your family- Hannah Shan is already Blessed
My Dear Friend Tif,
It is impossible to read what you have written without being brought to tears. This is wonderful! I am calling my kids to come and see this now!
Post a Comment