Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More New Pictures & Travel Plans




After waiting for such a long time, it seems like we are in a whirlwind of preparation and updates. We just received another Love Without Boundaries update that had several photos of the children playing happily. It's good to see them playing outside of their cribs. Hannah was in 3 of the photos. Again, her great big smile thrills my soul. I think she must be dancing in that picture. She and Gabe will be quite the dancing duo.

We made our international flight arrangements yesterday, so it was good to get that done. Now we are working with our travel agency on all the in-China arrangements. It turns out that we won't get to tour the Great Wall, because we would have to leave a day earlier. Eric can't take any more time off work that week. Oh well, this trip isn't really about sightseeing anyway. It will just make us more determined to take a family trip back to China someday. We will get to see the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, though. To be honest, I think at that point, I'll just be eager to get on down to Guangzhou and hold Hannah. Someday we would love to tour Guilin, too, but that will have to wait for another trip.

I'm so excited. I can finally go back into "Tif mode" where I function best: lots of things to accomplish in a short period of time. I love that. I am do-er, so I thrive on having a long to-do list that I can check off happily. There is just something so satisfying about checking off a list. Ahh! Waiting has grown me and sanctified me in so many ways, but I still relish being able to GET THINGS DONE. Last night at 9:45 Eric asked me if I wanted to watch a Star Trek (an almost nightly ritual around our house) and I told him that I would rather measure and weigh the luggage that we are planning to take:-) With a knowing grin, he helped me accomplish that to-do and then we watched Star Trek together. Marital bliss.

2 comments:

Michele and Dan said...

Fellow List-Makers unite!!!
;0) Michele

Shirlee McCoy said...

Praying you have a safe and wonderful journey to your daughter.