
I haven't posted in a while since I was really hoping I could post that we received our LOA. Well, we haven't yet. There is a slowdown because of fears surrounding the H1N1 flu (swine flu). It is discouraging because we thought we were so close. We had even seen others with our LID (Log In Date) receive their LOAs. I guess God has a different timetable in mind for us. Nevertheless, He is good. He shows us His faithfulness and kindness in many ways. One way is through the people He places in our lives. We are immensely blessed with friends and family who love and support us.
Recently, we received an unexpected gift - a 100 Good Wishes Quilt and Scrapbook. My dear friends, Carrie and Melissa, organized this secret effort to gather fabric and good wishes from our friends and family for a quilt and scrapbook for Hannah. The result is a beautiful testimony to their love for us and Hannah. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is a gorgeous tapestry of love. 39 families contributed to the gift. I was overwhelmed. The sentiments in the scrapbook bring tears to my eyes whenever I read them. Many people sent fabric that was dear to them: a favorite shirt, their children's receiving blankets, fabric from their own children's nurseries, clothing made into a quilt square, embroidered scriptures, etc. Carrie made the quilt and Melissa made the scrapbook. Both are precious and will be treasured. The quilt is already on Hannah's bed waiting for her. Come home soon, little one.

1 comment:
I love the quilt. What a neat idea to include parts of clothing or blankets that they used. Makes it all the more special!
What a special gift of love for you while you wait my faithful friend!
Thinking about you often
Natalie
Post a Comment