We finally got our LOA at 103 days! It took longer than we hoped but we finally have it!!! I am overjoyed that the process is finally moving along again. We have to apply for our I800 (another form from the USCIS) and get our Visas and wait for the LOC (a new step of paperwork required by the Hague) but at least we can press on to climb that next paperwork mountain between us and Hannah.
I was reading this scripture passage from Isaiah 30 this morning: "For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, 'In returning and rest you shall be saved, in quietness and trust shall be your strength.' ... Therefore, the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord God is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him. For a people shall dwell in Zion, in Jerusalem; you shall weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as he hears it, he answers you. And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' when you turn to the right or to the left." I was struck by the part about Lord waiting to be gracious to me and blessed are those who wait on the Lord. Waiting is a tough tutor, nevertheless, I am thankful for the lessons it is teaching me. I am even more thankful that this part of the wait is over. I hope I will remember these lessons as I continue to wait on Him both now and in the future.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within bless His holy name!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yea!! So happy you have it!! Your new pictures are adorable!!
So happy for you!!! Our LOA took 101 days, so I understand the agony of such a long wait, but I'm so thankful yours finally came! It was such a struggle at times with trusting God with His timing, especially as the wait grew longer and longer, but He gave me that same verse about His ways being higher than mine that you shared in your post. Oh, so hard to trust, but so true!
Thanks for sharing from your heart like that.
Congratulations on LOA! It should all start moving pretty fast now!
Jennifer
Beautiful photos !! we will continue praying that the process will continue smoothly!!
Congrats!!! Getting that LOA is such a relief! Looking forward to following your journey.
Thanks. Praying for quick travels for you guys. It would be cool if you an Jen get to go together. We all need to meet up one day and let all of our kiddos play. Yes looking forward to getting him to our cardiologist.
Post a Comment