Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Pics of Hannah





Just when I was getting pretty depressed with our wait, God sent us a ray of hope. Yesterday we received a nutrition update from Love Without Boundaries that included some new pictures of Hannah. I was glad to see that she is looking well and wearing my favorite color - turquoise. It is hard to know that she is getting bigger and bigger while we wait. However, I am reminded that we are waiting on God. His ways are higher than ours, and his timing is perfect. It is easier to say that than to walk daily in that faith. My weakness is revealed more and more through this process as I somehow fool myself by thinking that I can take better care of Hannah than God. Do I really believe that He is in control? Do I really trust him to care for her? Do I really understand this good work was prepared for me to walk in before I was born? No amount of striving on my part can change what God has planned for Hannah or me. It's not really about me after all, is it? It's about His will being performed. He will accomplish it in His time. He will strengthen my faith and grant me peace.

His mercies are new every morning. He is faithful. He shows me this once again. There is a little boy with Hannah in several of her pictures (not the little one above). He's a bit younger than she is and very cute. My heart has been drawn to him. Many times I have prayed for him and asked God if we should try to adopt him, too. Of course, we are not allowed to adopt more than one child at a time, but we would have to start the process all over after we returned home. I didn't know if this was in God's plan for us or not, but I kept praying that God would send him a family. He did. This week I received an email from a family in the Netherlands who will be adopting him. We are both part of a yahoo group for families who are adopting from the Gaoming orphanage. They were looking for any pictures or information, much like we did as soon as we knew about Hannah. I sent them all that I had and we will keep in touch. Isn't it wonderful when God answers our prayers so clearly? He had a plan for little Ming Hao to live with this family in the Netherlands. I am overjoyed. Thanks be to God for His gracious providence!

3 comments:

JMB75 said...

She is growing even more precious as the days pass! Her face is on my mind so often, and Meg and Ben already speak of her in the "list of cousins"...
Thanks for new pictures!

Natalie said...

Tiffany, I love reading your posts! You are so faithful to God and He knows your faith. One day soon, I hope to be reading this and watch as you hold your sweet baby girl for the first time!
She is absolutely beautiful and what a treasure to have the pictures.
And I almost forgot! I love your new song you have while you wait.
Praying for you and your angel pie!
Natalie

Clint and Jennifer said...

Wow- you have such a gift for writing and expressing yourself, your faith and the power of God. Thank you for sharing from your heart. Great pictures and what a wonderful story about that little boy!