My dear friend, Melissa, used this phrase to describe my day today. I have had a fever, chills and cough since we have been home. I feel awful with jetlag and a clingy Hannah only compounding the illness. Last night I finally gave up trying to be the good adoptive mom and asked Eric to just deal with everything so I could go to bed early. I woke up long enough to get Hannah to sleep. We slept from 8:30 - 3:00 a.m. and again from 5:00 - 7:00. That is our best night yet. I still felt dreadful this morning, so I just got a shower and went to bed again. By the time I got up Hannah was happy playing with Eric and the kids. She was less clingy to me but still happy to be with me. At nap time she had a big sleeping terror ending in a huge cry. I can't hold her during the terror, she is too crazy, but I did hold her during the cry. Suddenly, she just snapped out of it, said Hello, got up and went to play. She has been happy and helpful all afternoon. We are working hard at mitigating sibling jealousy by holding 2 at a time, so I'm still pretty tired, but it was a much better day. The verse I mentioned, "His strength is made perfect in my weakness," really came to pass for me today. I was out of steam and He brought about a pleasant day.
Hannah surprises us with her English already. We know that they spoke no English to her in the orphanage. We even needed a translator the day we met the nanny and director. However, she is very quick about following directions, "Put it back, take it to the trash, let's go potty, wash your hands, etc." She has also started counting 1-5 with 3 always left out, singing the Clean Up song, saying I Love You, Hello, Up, Please, Shoes, Crayons, Mama, Baba. For being with us only 2 weeks and given the fact that she didn't speak a word for the first several days with us, we are amazed. Thank the Lord for His blessings.
I know everyone wants to see pictures, so I'll try to get some posted tomorrow. We have just been barely coping so far. I think things are turning around, but please keep praying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
praying- praying-praying...Did I mention I am praying?? Kristin H
Post a Comment