Friday, September 11, 2009

Finally Home

We made it. We're finally home. We got here last night around 7:30 (we were able to catch an earlier flight from Newark to Atlanta), so the kids were awake when we got here. We had a wonderful reunion. Hannah did quite well meeting her brothers and sisters - not so well with the carseat and Bailey dog. She cried the entire way from the airport to our house because of the carseat. I guess we'll be taking lots of practice drives to get her used to it. She does freak out whenever Bailey walks by. We continue to hold her and stroke Bailey and say how nice he is, etc. Poor Bailey... He's been outside a lot today.

Good news: She has not thrown a fit since we've been home, though. I was sure that seeing Mommy love on the others would do it. She started, but I always held her and showed her that I can love more than one person at a time. She still gets jealous, but that will just take time. We've had a good day at home, although we're very tired and I think I'm getting sick. I am so ready to be able to sleep in my own bed, but that may have to wait a while. I am still having to sleep with Hannah in her bed until she falls asleep. Then I move to a blow-up mattress on the floor next to her. Pray that she will adjust to sleeping in her own bed soon so I can sleep in mine:-)

We are so thankful to God that He brought us safely home, that Hannah did not reject her brothers and sister, that the aunts seemed to be in good spirits after the long time of caring for the kids, that Hannah did not completely shut down when she got to our house, that God is giving us strength for the day. One day at a time. We're too tired to post any pics today, maybe tomorrow.

So glad to be back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

withgratefulhearts said...

Tiffany,

I am praying for you all, that your first week at home goes smoothly and is wonderful. I wanted to make sure and write to you just in case it is not. Our first week at home was extremely difficult and I was really afraid. Our little girl turned a corner 3 days ago and became a little girl that we had never seen before up until that point. She is loving, happy, and sweet. We are overjoyed. I wanted to reach out with encouragement just in case you might have a difficult time at first as well. I was very fearful last week, so I wanted to write to you in case you might be experiencing some of the same things. BUT, I am praying that you have a much smoother transition. Write to me if you need to talk more in depth or anything.
Cherie Steele