Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Coming out of the fog

Today I finally feel like I'm coming out of the fog. I don't have a fever anymore and I am able to stay awake all day. Poor Andrew has caught the fever bug, though, so keep him in your prayers. All in all, today has been a good day. Hannah has been a little better at not clinging to me. This afternoon, we actually went to a little park playground near our house and got her to start playing with Lauren, Andrew and Gabe and not me!!! She would check in from time to time, but it was such a relief to see her playing without me. I do confess that I was in a bad mood all morning, though. I read this morning about the shield of faith to extinguish the fiery darts of the evil one. Well, I didn't use it very well this morning and gave in to a feeling of anger and frustration. Thankfully, our God is gracious and He still showed me favor.

I realized something, too. I haven't been able to be with or gab with my girlfriends in weeks. I am a very social person and I love my girlfriends. This isolation has taken just as big a toll on me as everything else. I spent almost an hour on the phone with my friend, Jen, this afternoon, and I felt MUCH better. I really need my friends. Today made me realize that. We are going to start getting out. I love you, girls, and I miss you. I also realized that I have to just start trying to get life back to normal. I am a do-er, so when I am not doing, I start feeling really lost. Hannah is going to have to learn what life is really like in our house, so she might as well start now. I think we're going to do a little bit of school on Thursday:-) Let's hope we're all still sane by the end of the week.

No comments: