Monday, September 7, 2009

One week with Hannah

I am very tired, but we had a good day today.  I was even able to get out by myself for a little while today.  This is the first time I have been separated from Hannah since we got her a week ago.  We were hoping that it would help her to see that I will come back and it would force some time alone with Daddy.  This proved to be true.  She cried for the first 3 minutes that I was gone and then started playing with Eric for the rest of the time.  She is much more willing to give him hugs and to accept kisses from him since this time together.  We are going to do it again tomorrow for a short time.

 

She officially passed her TB test – Praise the Lord.  She is the only one in our small group who didn’t need a chest Xray.  God is good.  Tomorrow is the Visa appointment.  We don’t actually attend, but our agency represents us at the Consulate.  Pray that all the paperwork is in order.  We are eager to get home.

 

There are still daily hurdles because of the language barrier.  I’m sure she gets frustrated as do we.  However, she said “crayon” today.  I hope she will be a quick study.  I had two times today when Hannah reclined in my arms as I cradled her and gave me good eye contact as I sang to her.  This is very encouraging.

 

Well, this is a short post, because I am really tired.  It was a good day, but the length of the trip, the emotional expenditure, and the physical carrying is taking its toll.  I can only imagine what I will feel like when we hit the infamous jet lag days at home…… BUT AT LEAST WE’LL BE HOME!!!!  I can’t wait.

1 comment:

Christy Largent said...

Dearest Tiffany and Eric,
As I read over these posts I am so reminded of how it was with our Amelia! She would have nothing to do with me for about the first week. Now, it just seems like a crazy dream. Tom was so tired of her non-stop crying (she was 12 months) and required holding that he was almost crying! It's such an answer to prayer to see how things with little Hannah are getting better every day - and yes, God's graces are new every morning. He is our Faithful Redeemer!
We're praying these last few days will be speedy and sweet.
Oh, and be sure to get her some squeaky shoes -- if you can stand them, they will be a precious keepsake! :)
love,
christy