Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Settling in

Today was our best day yet. Hannah started to explore our house away from me for a little bit at a time. She actually went down the stairs without me. She still gets very anxious and cries if I walk away, even across the room, but at least she is starting to try to explore on her own. We are all saying "Mommy always comes back" every time I walk away or around the corner. It may take a while but I am hopeful she'll have peace. This is our biggest prayer right now: that Hannah will know peace. Please join us in this prayer.

We are going to try to go out to Chick Fil A for dinner to practice eating out as a family. We ate out the entire time we were in GZ, but she was pretty anxious a lot of the time. She has been doing better at our family meals and even learning to wait for the prayer (with much reminding, of course). Tonight we are venturing out. We all need to get out, and Chick Fil A is pretty forgiving if it doesn't go well:-)

Gotta go. I'll post more tomorrow.


No comments: